She had the soul of a gypsy, the heart of a hippie, the spirit of a fairy…
You may have spotted since the beginning of 2015 that the gypsy look is still this summer’s hot trend!
Before getting into detail on what the gypsy look is, let’s have a quick look at history to see where the term comes from and what the gypsy philosophy consists of.
Gypsy or Boho?
People are usually more familiar with the ‘bohemian’ word, originally a term with pejorative undertones given to Roman gypsies, commonly believed by the French to have originated in Bohemia, in Central Europe”, a BBC article reports. Both can be used but the word “gypsy” sounds more fun, musical, and arty and this is why we hear more and more about it!
Gypsies or Roma people were, first, a group of nomadic people whose lifestyle highly influenced what we call today the gypsy philosophy or gypsy soul.
The Gypsy philosophy
Have you got a gypsy soul? These 10 criteria might help you find out!
- you love traveling and exploring different cultures
- you love the excitement of exploring the unknown
- you admire people who choose to live alternative and unique lifestyles
- you find it difficult to conform and like to question what most people consider ‘normal’
- you consider yourself ‘spiritual’ without necessarily believing in organized religion
- you live life to the beat of your own drum
- you are a very independent person, perhaps even individualistic
- you don’t care what people think about you
- you appreciate physical forms of self-expression (e.g: colorful clothes, jewelry)
- you appreciate soulful self-expression through art, crafts and music
Wild and Free
Our fav’ modern gypsy girls
We chose these women because they are all different beauties who know how to embrace their gypsy soul their own way.
The key to their look is to match different patterns and choose appropriate accessories for their outfit. We love, in particular, Vanessa Hudgens’s flower crown, Kate Moss’s unconventional hat and the Knowles sisters’ natural hair.
These gypsy queens show there are a lot of possibilities when it comes to dressing with bohemian accents. Have fun composing your own look as you clearly have no rules to follow except your instinct: careless about what people think, don’t forget the gypsy girl is curious, independent and free!
Get the perfect Gypsy Look
As we said, accessories are the key! Our fabulous Gypsy Junkies designer not only makes a variety of boho jewels to mix and mingle but also colorful head wraps and fringe bags to perfect your look:
Gypsy Junkies Rings and Bracelets
Gypsy Junkies Metallic Tattoos: the unmissable trend of Summer 2015!
Gypsy Junkies Assorted Boho Head wrap
Gypsy Junkies ‘Stevie Nicks’ from the leather collection
Complete your accessory assortment with one of Lovestrength‘s gorgeous belts, the difficult part being to choose and pick only one model among the different colors, sizes and shapes !
‘Roam free with love and strength‘ (Lovestrenght’s motto): gypsy you said? You got it!