With Thanksgiving coming up next week, we thought we’d share some tips on being the perfect host and how to do it in style!
Valentino Garavani shared 6 tips on how to be the perfect dinner party host:
- Getting the right crowd – For Thanksgiving, surround yourself with friends and family to spend the day with.
- Dress up the table – Set the mood with your fancy kitchenware, napkins, and tablecloth. Add some flowers, mint chocolates, or anything to add to the holiday mood.
- Fill the room with color – add character to your room to keep the mood alive!
- Seniors rule – sit with the oldest person or your oldest friend.
- Separate the couples – couples always want to be together…separate them to keep conversations flowing
- When in doubt, send flowers – “I send always flowers to thank my hosts. But I prefer when people come with nothing, because I never know where to put it. Not because I am a snob, but because sometimes maybe they buy something that doesn’t go.” – Mr. Valentino
If you’re cooking, invite people to help you or to bring a dish with them! Look up stress-free recipes online.
If you’re purchasing your meal make sure to order ahead of time!
The most important thing is to make sure you have all the essentials that make up a perfect Thanksgiving meal.